- Read the article Sea Level Rise Predicted To Be Larger Than Originally Thought
- Be sure to watch the two videos in the article.
Assignment: Answer the questions below in an email with the subject line of "Reading Lesson 6 - Reading for Information, Sea Level Rise Predicted To Be Larger Than Originally Thought"
- The article indicates that temperatures are rising and that causes the ocean to rise for two reasons. One is related to polar caps and the other is related to carbon dioxide. What are the two reasons?
- How are Josh Willis and NASA measuring sea level?
- Name some areas where sea level has actually lowered instead of risen.
- From the geologic records (the rocks), what's the most sea level has risen in a hundred years?
- What do you think will happen as sea levels rise and human population continues to grow?