- Read the article California Farms Raking in Cash Despite Drought
Assignment: Answer these questions via email with the subject line of "Reading Lesson 4 - Reading for Information, California Farms Raking In Cash Despite Drought"
- What three major categories of produce does the article say California produces?
- How many years has California been in a severe drought?
- How are farmers getting water?
- How many people have lost their jobs because of the drought?
- Look at the chart in the article. Which category of produce makes the most money?
- What is flood irrigation?
- What is drip irrigation?
- Why is the San Joaquin Valley sinking?
- How does using groundwater shift the costs to others?