Before we talk about the order of operations, let's make sure you are familiar with most mathematical operators, or symbols. Look through the picture below. If there's a symbol you don't understand, find a relevant video in the list below to learn more about it.
Answer the following questions in an email with a subject line of "Algebra lesson 7 - operations and operation symbols"
- How can you tell a root sign apart from a division sign?
- What root should you find if the root number is not included to the top left of the root symbol? What's the default root, that is?
- If multiplication is basically repeated addition, what is an exponent?
- What is the answer to 3^5?
- What is the answer to 42?